Monday 13th November
Registration will be available from 1:00pm at the Ambassador Hotel, Ambassador Hotel, 171 Sukhumvit Soi 11, Bangkok 10110 Thailand. The Ambassador Hotel is accessible by both the MRT and BTS trains.
The session will begin at 7pm where we will set the scene in Asia with input from Dr. Shantanu Dutta (International Justice Mission India), Ms. Kaori Kawararbayashi (the Regional Project Manager from UN-ACT), and Ms. Octavia Borthwick (Minister and Deputy Head of Mission, Australian Embassy in Bangkok).
Tuesday 14th November
The purpose of Tuesday is to focus on the bigger picture and to model and showcase ways in which people from different sectors can work together in particular areas. These are:
· Legal, medical and labour rights activists working together in the fishing industry
· NGOs and business working together
· Engaging the finance sector
· Trade unions, workers and business working together
· Legal frameworks and avenues for justice
Wednesday 15th November
We will be focussing on key sectors that people have told us they are working in. These breakout groups will have a Lead Learner who will offer technical expertise, a group Facilitator and a Notetaker. Sessions will be from 10:45am to 12:15pm and 1:30pm to 4:00pm.
Sessions to choose from include:
1. Labour trafficking and work place exploitation in various industries
2. Domestic workers
3. Migrant workers and refugees
4. Sex trafficking
5. Forced marriage
6. Research frameworks
7. Legal responses
8. Policy frameworks
Thursday 16th November
We will be focussing on response areas that people have indicated they are interested in exploring. Again, each breakout session will have a Lead Learner, Facilitator and Notetaker.
1. Legal responses and case work
3. Law Enforcement and Investigate
4. Prevention in building resilient communities
5. Social enterprises and impact investment
6. Engaging the business sector
7. Aftercare for victims and survivors